For three years, two months, and five days, Ryan Cole has been a man on a mission—preparing for his future with April. Now a Harvard graduate employed by a top law firm, he’s ready to claim his girl—whether she’s ready or not.
April David asked Ryan for time, and she got it, along with an all-consuming need to break free of her past and love not just herself, but the only man worth fighting for.
When April arrives at Ryan’s graduation reception prepared to discuss their future, she’s derailed by his jealous best friend and her psychotic therapist.
After fighting through interruptions and misinformation, they discover all that’s left is their love. But after so much time apart, do their paths still align or are they willing to change for love and their future?For Ryan
is Book #2, for best experience, please read For April
first. http://amzn.to/2shaZIH http://bit.ly/BNForRyan http://bit.ly/iBooksForRyan
East Peoria, IL: Healing With Words is partnering with The Center for Prevention of Abuse in Peoria, Illinois, Thistle Farms, and local radio station, WZPW 92.3 FM
“After touring The Center for Prevention of Abuse, I couldn’t help but think of those who’d walked the halls before me. The fact that such a facility needs to exist is chilling. Hence why, myself and three other fantastic volunteers strive to make Writers On the River a premier event in Central Illinois,” said Jillian Jacobs, Healing With Words. “Last year, Writers On the River raised $1,500 for Thistle Farms. This year we will allocate proceeds to both charities. As authors, we create books that allow an escape, so matching with a company that does the same for women, children, and men, though in a different ways, was an easy decision.”
Writers On The River, an author signing and book sale, will feature 80+ romance authors at the Par-A-Dice Hotel, 21 Blackjack Blvd in East Peoria on Saturday, July 8th, 2017. New York Times and USA Today best sellers will be in attendance. This event is hosted by Healing With Words. General admission entry will begin at 1pm. Event ends at 4pm. Tickets are available on the website and will be available for sale on day of event.
Healing With Words is a not for profit established for healing survivors of abuse, addiction, trafficking, and prostitution. We feel the best way to spread love is to share the love of reading.
Through the written word, persons can find an escape and a form of entertainment.
Our mission is to bring together readers, authors, and survivors in a positive manner that affects change and relief from negative influences.
When a senator’s daughter falls for a tattooed bad boy...she discovers she'd do anything For Ryan.
Available on all outlets Saturday, June 3rd
Live on May 16-- Available for Pre-order now.
Genre: Contemporary Romance
I have a new name in a new city.
Tye and I agreed to be friends only. Now he sleeps in my bed every night, holding me close, protectively. After everything that I’ve been through, I’m not sure that I can handle more, besides he isn’t a relationship kind of guy. I’m not even sure why he’s here with me.
I saw Billie and wanted her immediately. I know that she has secrets but getting to know her is like unwrapping a gift, slower is better. Her scars run deep and every day is a struggle. I want to help her, to protect her from those that want to hurt her. I tell myself that’s why I’m holding her every night.
We’re just friends… It’s for the Best that way.
What is the one thing authors have a hard time with??? Marketing! I have been in the marketing business since I sold my first radio ad in 1994.
As a media buyer, I look at viewing/listening in average quarter hours. Consider how many messages you see every fifteen minutes? What’s the last message that stayed with you and why?
How do you create a memorable ad? That’s the zillion dollar question…which is why an effective and efficient marketing plan matters!
Here are some marketing tips:
- TOMA – Remember Top of Mind Awareness!
- Tell strangers about your books.
- Speak at meetings/book clubs about writing or be genre specific. Announce you’ll be there to relevant groups!! Bring books for sale after. Offer articles to magazines like RWA or Writer’s Digest…maybe even Romantic Times mag.
- Always have an elevator pitch ready- and I mean elevator- don’t drone on and on
- Always have a biz card with you. Include all social media/website/email – consider photo
- Gather reviews to put on blog or website
- Set up readings at local events or bookstores
- Get a professional photo taken- Adds to your brand and can be added to all pages.
- Do YouTube videos or short films about your books. Link to FB and Twitter.
- If someone offers you an opportunity to spread the news- TAKE IT!
- Do a Blog Tour- Cover reveal/Release
- Write a blog post about your book.
- Add keywords
- Offer bloggers ARC’s
- Build a user-friendly website. Make sure you add an SEO option and use! Add a “store” page to website. Do you have sale buttons on your site? Social media buttons? When you type in your name what comes up?
- Is your author bio up to date? Goodreads profile? AMZ profiile? (add review quotes) Website?
- Create a newsletter – Giveaways, book launch, special offers, excerpts prior to release –make personal by doing things for your bday or fav holiday, offer ARC’s. Consider offering ads in your newsletter and “sell” to other authors.
- Twitter ads (Link twitter to your website)
Write Tweetable quotes and ask friends, bloggers, newletter readers to share
- Amazon ads – available from your Author Dashboard.
Click Promote and Advertise
Add Goodreads widget to your Website. https://www.goodreads.com/author/program
- Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat
- Allow friends to put blurbs in the back of your books
- Take friend’s swag to book signings.
- Write a great book. When released include a fun hash tag and include everywhere! #mktgqueen
- Write an interesting blurb – If you don’t hook the reader, then poof…sale gone. Very hard but crucial.
- Create eye catching ads – or hire someone to do them. If you don’t have a professional looking ad, it really sticks out!
- Make a video for your YouTube page.
- Write “advice” blogs. Guest blog. Add keywords to blog. Allow guests on your blog. Do you have a blog on your website?
- Make a slide show and post it
- Create a Google+ Page. Host a Google Hangout.
- Are you reading? If so, do you suggest these books to your friends? Engage! Word of Mouth is a HUGE motivator.
- Always say your sales are good
- Be positive about your product. Offer fans sneak peeks.
- Offer deleted excerpts. Do a fan of the month. Do a best illustration of scene contest. Do a best book trailer contest. Best ad contest.
- Poll readers likes and dislikes. Get to know them. What they like to read? Etc…
- Attend events. Smile. Put your phone down! Banner-Name most prominent so readers can find you. Swag that is brand consistent. – Footballs Make sure events are listed on GR, AMZ, website
- Donate your books to local libraries. Write YA? High schools. Camps. Contemp? Women’s shelters. Retirement communities
- Write press release for local media about YOU and what you’re up to that’s relevant to city or another relevant options.
- Think outside the box on events- Farmer’s Market, Covered Bridge festival
- Attend events even if you’re not signing.
- At events, place book in buyers hands
- Join RWA genre groups and volunteer – expand your sphere of influence
- Listen to the Novel Marketing Podcast – novelmarketing.com
- Become a HARO source – Become a source for journalists - Help a Reporter Out
- Create a Meetup group. – www.meetup.com local opportunity to meet with people with same interests OR meet up with readers when traveling or at a signing. Do a special event just for them.
- Enter writing contests if only to get your name in front of new people.
- What’s your angle? Open up your target demo – very important. Keywords encompass entire book, switch them up
- In email signature line, include all your info and when you sign your name always use full author name.
- Part of PR is Volunteering- get your name out as a helpful person
- Themed merchandise- add to website. Model and promote.
- Host a Book release party
- Link to a cause- Thistle Farms
- Don’t be negative about author world or get caught up in drama
- Indie Book Channel on YouTube- or other book channels. Young people are not on FB. Where are they? SnapChat, Instagram
- Keep a list of bloggers you meet and send them your info when you have exciting news
- During any sort of “event” be sure to respond to all and quickly
- Write a press release and post on PRWeb – will send for fee
- Post excerpts on Scribd.com –digital subscription service
- Hire someone from Fivver to promote your book on free book sites. Site has entire Digital Marketing section
- Do your ads and covers match your brand? Pick a font, use same cover artist. Same feel across all books.
- Ask for Sale!! Always include links.
Believe in YOU! If you don’t believe in your product no one else will.
- Have your audible voice person come with you to events.
- Use Google Ad Words
Amazon Author Page: http://bit.ly/JillianJacobsAMZAuthorPage
newsletter: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/q2h3g1 Who is Jillian Jacobs?
I like hot tea, mooses, and polish pottery.
I write Paranormal and Contemporary romance. Both genres include suspenseful elements. I tend to include a villain POV, because I love delving into the dark side.
I’m the co-founder of Healing with Words—a not for profit agency established for healing survivors of abuse, addiction, trafficking, and prostitution. The mission is to bring together readers, authors, and survivors in a positive manner that affects change and relief from negative influences. Writers on The River, an author event in Peoria, Illinois is hosted by Healing With Words. www.writersontheriver.weebly.com
Title: Bearly Safe Series:
Texan Bears #1 Genre:
paranormal romance Release Date: June 1st, 2017 Publisher:
Fiery Heart Publishing Heat Level:
Steamy Pre-order links: ·
Amazon - http://amzn.to/2pOD7E8
iTunes - http://smarturl.it/BearlySafeiTunes
B+N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bearly-safe-anya-breton/1126273484
Blurb: Attending a co-worker's Halloween party dressed as a sexy fairy was the worst decision Shelby Maxwell made all week. That is until she lets her temper get the best of her in front of Dallas's finest and ends up in the back of a police cruiser. Too bad the gorgeous jerk responsible for her bad behavior didn't have the sense to avoid the police, himself.
When someone shoots up the party, the gorgeous jerk, Nick Kang, sprouts fur, explodes out of the police cruiser, and saves the day. Nick's jerk streak continues as he leaves Shelby to explain what happened.
After her name is released to the press, a penitent Nick arrives to protect Shelby from the killer's mafia associates. Close quarter guarding leads to close quarter groping and a little more intimacy than Shelby is prepared for. But it may be time to put her past behind her and accept far more than the safety Nick offers.
Recently, I've noticed something quite a bit odd. I mean look at this chicken breast. What in the world?
When I was a kid, I was introduced to raising chickens by my parents. We had a few in this back shed, that sort of reminded me of a tiny shack that settlers had built back in the 1800's or whenever. Let's not delve into my errant history knowledge though, okay? The point is, the wooden shack had an covered area in the back, and in there, we raised chickens.
Now if you're squeamish you might not want to read this part.
I can remember when the chickens got big enough to eat.
I can remember my father chopping off their heads.
And what is nightmare inducing is the chickens literally ran around with their head chopped off after said chopping. Not really something a kid who always slept with a nightlight on should see.
Mom and I were discussing this childhood trauma the other day, and what did she do, she added to the nightmare. She said when she plucked the chickens their feathers were covered with these white bugs. GAG! Nope! Eww!
I remember the taste too, because yeah, we did eat them. My parents were big in gardening and all that jazz so.. anyway, the meat was really chewy. Now mind you this was like thirty-plus years ago, maybe more, and I still remember. So, in summary, comparing that fresh chicken oh, so long ago to these mega-enhanced breasts, I don't know what to say. I will say that I do think chicken tastes different. I have watched a documentary on these chicken farms where the poor chickens can't even walk because of their genetically enhanced breasts.
So, maybe I'll do a taste test comparison. Or grab some organic chicken sometime, because chicken's walking around with Double DD's just seems a tad unnatural. And yes, I realize mass production of food for the masses is the thing now. Cheap, quick, easy, but I just don't know. These monster chicken breasts give me the creeps a little, but no, I don't want to go back to chopping my own, so...I'm up for suggestions. Anyone?
Book 3 in Guardians of Agalrae Series
in 2015 and Ariel: The First Guardian
in 2016, Scrogham is releasing the third book in the Guardians of Agalrae series. Rabashani: The Half-blood Guardian
takes readers into a wintery setting and picks up about a year after Ariel: The First Guardian
One-click now: http://amzn.to/2pTbJWF
“I wanted to show readers a new side of Agalrae,” Scrogham says. “It’s more than just mountains and Alicorns. As I got to know more of the Guardians, I realized some of them were native to Agalrae. Rabashani is one of those characters.”
Rebecca LeHaye is a half-elf that is so desperate to escape from her past that she changed her name. She hasn’t been called Rabashani since she lived in the Frostlands. After her father is suddenly killed, a series of events leads her back to her icy homeland where she must confront the two people who hurt her most – her sister and her ex-fiancé.
“We all have those people in our lives that are hard to forgive,” Scrogham says. “And sometimes, no matter how hard we try, circumstances don’t work out in our favor. Rabashani’s story is about forgiving yourself.”
At least two more books are planned for the Guardians of Agalrae series. The next release will wrap up the events of Rabashani’s story, and the following book will fast forward into time to take a peek at what happened to Chase and Lauren. Rabashani: The Half-blood Guardian is a new adult paranormal romance scheduled to release on May 1, 2017.
Rebecca has all the love, support, and sunshine she ever wanted with her Guardian partner Seth at her side. The trouble starts one day when letters arrive from her deceased elven father. She has inherited a position of power and will be forced to return to a frosty homeland she swore to forget.
Home is worse than she remembered. The underworld is preparing for war and the elves are divided regarding who should lead them—the immortal council or a dictatorship under Rebecca’s mortal half-blood. Her grip on her safe world falls apart when Seth is thrown in prison for treason.
Unable to forgive her family for the wounds inflicted upon her long ago, Rebecca is left alone with her inner demons as darkness descends. Bitter barriers consume her and she finds herself playing into the hands of the underworld she swore to destroy. Forgiveness is the only way to save her soul, and that’s not something she’s willing to offer.
One click now: http://amzn.to/2pTbJWF
I yank Mother’s necklace until the clasp breaks and falls into my hands. A small part of my heart cries out. But she is gone. I was too young to remember her. Her necklace meant home to me, a place of security and safety. The Frostlands are the farthest thing from safe. As I stalk back into the warehouse with Mother’s necklace in my hand, my feet echo down the quiet hallway, and I settle on the final decision that calms me.
I will burn everything. The letters, my elvar garb, yes, even my bow. I can make another. My new life with Seth officially begins today, and though Kimji disturbed us yesterday, I will not allow a twist to deter me from this home I’ve chosen. Everything will be left in ash as a reflection of what the Frostlands did to my heart.
I am no longer Rabashani the half-elf. I am Rebecca Morgans, formerly Rebecca LeHaye, human newlywed. That strength in my new identity, one I choose, hardens me as Seth and I ride out to the mainland in the heat of the day. Stalks of grass brush my ankles from Valkadash’s back. She surges underneath me, hoisting her yellow legs twice as high to carry me through the browning meadow grass. We’re out in the open space, cantering through the heart of the mainland just beyond the trees bordering the beach. I ride straight ahead toward a river I know is there but I cannot yet see. This area of Agalrae is too open to be occupied by any herds.
“We’re leaving them behind,” Valkadash huffs.
I lean back, inviting her to slow. She tosses her yellow head like a dandelion stirred by the breeze, and then we’re walking. Kiera’s red body swishes through the grass until she catches up with Valkadash. They saunter side by side, but Seth is pale on Kiera’s back.
“The ride is smoother at a faster gait,” I mention, trying to hide the smirk from my lips. If he would only relax, he may enjoy the ride.
“You know how I feel about that,” Seth mutters.
“You could ride with me.” My voice drops low even though it wasn’t my original intent to fill my words with innuendo.
Seth smiles with half of his mouth. “Later.” He looks up at the sky patched with clouds. “Is this a good spot?”
“As fine as any.” I dismount into grass higher than my hips and tug off my shoulder satchel. Everything is inside that I’m ready to burn, except for my bow. I rip up a few stalks of grass to give me access to the ground and dirt, though I don’t intend for this fire to get out of control. Nostalgia rises in me next to a grip of alarm. Am I really going through with this? Burn everything, even without reading a single letter?
It won’t matter. The letters, the summons, none of it will change my decision. I will not go back to the Frostlands.
One-click now: http://amzn.to/2pTbJWF
First off let me answer the burning question, Is the basket still on the stairs? Nope. Jake carried it up yesterday afternoon, without my having to ask, which makes me happy but also makes me feel like a bit of jerk for doubting him.
Now, let me say, I MISS BOXING. I stopped back in March because I was set to have a laparoscopy and an ablation treatment. I'm not sure I've spelled either of those correctly, but no matter, when the doctor got in there, my endometriosis was so bad she just said, well nevermind. So I have a hysterectomy coming up that will leave nothing but my left ovary. Fun times. So, I've been pushed into early menopause after a shot of Lupron to help with the endo. Hot flashes are a bitch!
Anyway, back to boxing, so I haven't boxed for a month and a half after doing so for basically two years. Hitting that bag is so therapeutic. I have a lot of inner stress, that I mostly create for myself, but it's there and boxing helped. So, I plan on going back next week and also working on eating better. I say this every day. Not that I think I've done so great, but I can get up each day and try again.
Another part of my Tranfor-MAY-tion besides healthier eating and beating a boxing bag is working on my social media presence. This will include more blog posts, tweets, and Instagram posts.
My next post will discuss a Leaky Gut test my sister wants me to take, and I'll keep you up to date on the whole hysterectomy situation. I know a lot of women have gone through them and I'll survive. My prob is the endo has attached to the bowel which means my poo tubes need to be cleared by one surgeon before my awesome gyno can go in and take out all the essential female parts. As I said, fun times. And probably TMI
Let's see if I can get healthier and fitter by the end of the month, and maybe, just maybe by the time Writers On The River rolls around in July, I'll be a few pounds lighter in body and in mind.